Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CrossFit First Day

After surviving the boot camp three weeks ago I finally went back for my first workout. Kevin did mention it had been a while since he saw me. I reminded him I had a 31 mile date with a river I had to go through before returning for more crossfithel.

Today was a relatively "easy" workout...so I hear. We warmed up with some dips, sit-ups and overhead squats. Then it was off to the races with 1000m of rowing, 50 thrusters with a 45 pound bar and 30 kip pull-ups...or box jumps to the bar in my case. I went through the sequence in 10 minutes 52 seconds. And that was it. My legs felt a little wobbly for the first 20 minutes of my easy run afterward, and I'm already a little sore in my quads and calves...but ready for more. :] Tomorrow on the track we will mix sprints with dips and push-ups. I'll try and get some photos up eventually.

One more day of detox and coffee and popcorn here I come! :]

No comments: